For many people court reporting is a boring job but the truth of the matter it can be an exhilarating experience for anyone. The paperwork that most court reporters do is the main reason why people thought of it as a boring job but if you look at a different perspective, they are actually one of the people who get to experience the real happenings inside the court.
The Prerequisites in Becoming a Court Reporter
If one wishes to be a certified court reporter they need to take pass the licensure exam that is conducted by a group of court reporting specialist. There are also organizations for court reporters and it would be best if a person is affiliated to one. In joining a certain organization for court reporters one of the prerequisites involves typing a 250 or 225 words within a minute.
In order to hone their skills further they are required to undergo examinations related to transcription, speed tests and writing examinations as well.
What Are the Specific Tasks That Court Reporters Do
The work of court reporter is not just limited to transcribing and documentation of litigations and statements of the people involved in the entire court trial.
– Capture the dialogue of the people inside the court using different pieces of equipment like covered microphones, audio and video recorders as well as stenography machines.
– Report everything that the speaker is doing as well as its identification.
– If the judge asks for a play back or a report of a certain part in the court trial they are also the ones who will do it.
– If there are unclear statements from the speakers, they are the ones who will ask for clarification.
– Reexamine their notes that include the names of the speakers and any technical terms used in the entire court trial.
– Editing is also part of their job since they are the ones who examine the transcripts and check if there are typographical errors.
– They see to it that the copies of the transcripts are made available to all the people involved in the court proceedings.
– Transcription through TV or movie dialogue is also possible so as to help those viewers who have difficulties in their hearing.
The above mentioned are just an overview of the usual things that court reporters do. On top of everything else, a report of all the events that took place in the court must be of quality. Court reporters or court stenographers should have exemplary skills in grammar, spelling and punctuation since their task is mainly involve in creating good reports. Proficiency in spoken and written language is vital for all court reporters for without these skills, they would not be able to produce good quality reports.
It is also necessary that they know some facts about the entire case for if not then the content of their litigation report would be affected too.
The 10 Laws of Options And How Learn MoreIt appears that your web host has disabled all functions for handling remote pages and as a result the BackLinks software will not function on your web page. Please contact your web host for more information.